L’Artiere will take part the first Printed Matter Virtual Art Book Fair 2021.
Printed Matter’s Virtual Art Book Fair will take place February 25–28, 2021, with an Opening on February 24. The Opening is free with registration. Register here!
Since 2005, Printed Matter’s Art Book Fairs have hosted international exhibitors featuring a wide variety of works—from zines and artists’ books to rare and out of print publications, and contemporary art editions. Printed Matter’s Virtual Art Book Fair features over 418 exhibitors from 41 countries, with online programs, performances, games, and more! In past years NY and LA Art Book Fairs drew over 40,000 visitors around a shared interest in artists’ books. While 2020 has been challenging for the field of independent and artists’ publishing, we’re grateful and excited for the chance to bring this community together to uplift the important work of new and longstanding publishers.
Visitors can see each Exhibitor’s local time, and send a message directly to an exhibitor using the chat box on the bottom right corner. Throughout the Fair weekend, there will be pre-recorded programs.
As part of the Fair, each PMVABF exhibitor will present a dedicated website to feature their projects. On these sites you will encounter artists’ books for purchase, book trailers and artist-made videos, programs and talks, music, as well as have the chance to interact with exhibitors.
PMVABF will kick-off with a celebratory Opening event on Wednesday, February 24, 4pm EST, which will include musical performances, interactive activities, a new variety show by Bob Baker Marionette Theater, and the premiere of RE/Search Publications’s V. Vale and Marian Wallace’s theme song for the Fair, plus many ways to discover publishers, hang out, and have fun. The Opening is free with registration. Register here!
– “THE POLARITIES” & “THE BEATS” / LARRY FINK IN CONVERSATION WITH BARBARA TANNENBAUM
– “JANUARY 1” & “AS WE WAIT” / ANDREA MODICA IN CONVERSATION WITH LYLE REXER
– “THE RIVER IS MOVING ; THE BLACKBIRD MUST BE FLYING” & “AFTER MORANDI” / GARY GREEN IN CONVERSATION WITH JEAN DYKSTRA
– “BINIDITTU” / NICOLA LO CALZO IN CONVERSATION WITH YVES CHATAP YVES CHATAP
– “1994-2001 I A BEGINNING” A BOOK OF LIFE IN CHRONOLOGICAL VOLUMES / LORENZO CASTORE IN CONVERSATION WITH FEDERICA CHIOCCHETTI – PHOTOCAPTIONIST
– “EDGES OF TIME” / FELICIA MURRAY IN CONVERSATION WITH MARTINE FOUGERON
– “UNTO DUST” / GREG MILLER IN CONVERSATION WITH MARK LONG
All the infos will be available from February 24th at our Exhibitor’s page.